Brilliant free kick Importantly, both winners qualified for the 2016-17 CONCACAF Champions League as two of the three Caribbean slots allowed. The third spot will be filled by the winners of today’s third place playoff between Arnett Gardens and Don Bosco. In Friday’s opening game, W Connection grabbed the lead as early as the second minute when Alvin Jones scored with a brilliant free kick from just outside the box. Arnett Gardens missed a couple of chance to equalise and were made to pay for their wastefulness as Shahdon Winchester doubled W Connection’s lead on the stroke of half-time after being set up by Jamol Williams. The second half was fairly evenly contested but Arnett failed to find the two important goals to keep the semi-final alive. In the second game of the night, neither team could find the decisive goal in regular time, as they battled a heavy downpour, and the contest only came alive early in extra time. Central FC snatched the lead in the 93rd minute through Sean Silva’s free kick but his strike was cancelled out when Don Bosco earned a penalty and Kerlins Georges converted in the 104th minute. PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (CMC): Title-holders Central FC and last year’s losing finalists, W Connection, will clash again in today’s final of the Caribbean Football Union Club Championship, after posting contrasting wins in the semi-finals here Friday night. Playing at the Stade Sylvio Cator, W Connection blanked Jamaican club Arnett Gardens 2-0 in the opening game and Central FC ensured another all-Trinidadian final when they edged home side Don Bosco 4-2 in a dramatic penalty shoot-out after scores were locked 0-0 after regulation time and 1-1 after extra time.
India and Philippines have pulled out of the paragliding event at the Asian Games 2018, leaving the competition between just 18 countries. The Asian Games will be held from August 18 to September 2 in the twin cities of Jakarta and Palembang, Indonesia.The paragliding event at the Asian Games will begin on August 20 with the men’s and women’s Individual Accuracy discipline. The 18 countries participating in the event are: Afghanistan, China, Kuwait, Indonesia, Hong Kong China, IR Iran, Japan, Korea (KOR), Malaysia, Thailand, Lao PDR, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapore, Chinese Taipei, Qatar, and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.Public relations officer of the Indonesian Aero Sport Federation (FASI) Tagor Siagoan said that India and Philippines withdrew after their participation was disapproved by their respective Olympic Association.Indian Olympic Association (IOA) has time and again said that they are concentrating only on events where they have a chance of winning medals.”India and the Philippines have quit Asiad paragliding because their participation had been disapproved by their respective Olympic councils,” Siagoan said to the Asian Games official website.ASIAN GAMES 2018: FULL COVERAGETagor said that he was informed of India’s withdrawal by an Indian paragliding pilot, named Vijai Soni, last Saturday (August 11).”According to Vijai Soni, it is not about funding, but more on doubts about whether [the athletes] could bring home a gold medal,” Tagor said.Tagor further said that Vijai Soni did express his disappointment over not being able to participate in the Asian Games despite them having a chance in the cross-country category.advertisement”Vijai Soni said India actually had quite an opportunity in the cross-country category as good as Nepal,” he said.INDIA AT ASIAN GAMES 2018: FULL SQUADTagor mentioned that Soni sent a message for athletes who will be competing in the cross-country category asking them not to give up easily on giants, such as Korea and Japan.”The deciding factor is in the sky, not on paper,” Tagor quoted Soni.INDIA AT ASIAN GAMES 2018: DISCIPLINESVijai Soni was one among the five male pilots who had planned to participate in the Asian Games 2018. The entire Indian team had been focusing on national training since March.Paragliding has two categories — landing accuracy and cross-country — with six gold medals on offer for men’s, women’s and team events.
The NCAA has ended its contract with EA Sports and will no longer allow the gaming company to use its logo and name in their video games. The college sports organization is currently involved in a lawsuit where they’re being accused of owing billions of dollars to former NCAA players for allowing their images and likenesses to be used by the gaming company.“We are confident in our legal position regarding the use of our trademarks in video games,” the NCAA said in its statement. “But given the current business climate and costs of litigation, we determined participating in this game is not in the best interest of the NCAA. The NCAA has never licensed the use of current student-athlete names, images or likenesses to EA. The NCAA has no involvement in licenses between EA and former student-athletes.”NCAA Football 2014 will be the last EA Sports game with the NCAA. The NCAA said their current contract, which expires June 2014, will be the last agreement.“Member colleges and universities license their own trademarks and other intellectual property for the video game,” the NCAA said in a statement. “They will have to independently decide whether to continue those business arrangements in the future.”
Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS, DECEMBER 1, 2013- More funding for the Turks and Caicos Islands…An article published by the Governor’s Office divulged that the TCI will be benefitting from a £2 million fund from the UK made available through the Darwin fund which is expected to service environmental projects in all UK Overseas territories over the next two years. Almost £200 000 is set for the ‘Caicos Pine Forests’ project which is a mitigation for climate change and invasive species that runs jointly with the TCI government, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, and other international partners. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
Related Items:september 11 Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppNassau, Bahamas – The Government and people of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas through the ministry of foreign affairs has sent expressions of support to the United States on the anniversary of the attack on 11 September. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp This Day in History: September 11th Recommended for you
Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppJanuary 3, 2018 – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos – Rumors about Josephine Connolly joining the Opposition Progressive National Party are unfounded and considered malicious mischief by the second All Island member, Hon Josephine Connolly.Mrs. Connolly, who is a People’s Democratic Movement parliamentarian today responded to Magnetic Media queries on the validity of the rumor which emerged mere hours before a Progressive National Party press conference at 3pm on Tuesday, set at Prestigious Properties and led by the Leader of the Opposition, (PNP) Hon. Washington Misick.The PNP Press Conference came in response to Magnetic Media questions on the beach access issue which took center stage at the start of the New Year in the Turks and Caicos.Hon Misick early this morning informed that the PNP would hold a press conference to address the controversy, saying, “I believe this issue is potentially explosive and requires leadership… Royal and I would like to call a meeting of the press this evening to speak to the Taylor Bay issue..” he said to our news organisation.Two hours before, the social media rumor mill churned out an item which said Josephine Connolly was to join that media meeting of the Progressive National Party to announce her allegiance to the PNP; the rumor added that Connolly would be the Opposition Party’s leader in one year.Connolly denied the rumor and told us that she would not be at the PNP Press Conference, that she was at her office working and surmised that the rumor likely emerged to take the spotlight from other national political failures.“…this is crazy and wicked,” Connolly said in characterisation of the information.A reported fall-out and subsequent Cabinet shake-up, where Hon Josephine Connolly was fired as the Education, Youth and Sports Minister in the PDM Administration continues to be unsettled.In 2017, it led to several vehement, vicious and shameful social media rows between supporters of the country’s two leading ladies: Sharlene Robinson, who is the most popular 2016 General Election candidate, and Josephine Connolly who came a close second in the 2016 polls.The PNP press conference is over. Josephine Connolly was not there. However, LOO, Washington Misick did say if Connolly wanted to join the PNP, she would be “welcomed with open arms.”
KUSI Newsroom Updated: 1:30 PM Posted: September 18, 2018 Natural gas leak prompts road closures in Santee KUSI Newsroom, September 18, 2018 SANTEE (KUSI) – A construction accident caused a natural gas leak that forced street closures at a busy East County intersection Tuesday, authorities reported.A worker with a private contractor inadvertently ruptured a 1-inch- diameter utility pipeline about 10 a.m. while digging in front of a home at Cottonwood Avenue and Mission Gorge Road in Santee, according to San Diego Gas & Electric.Deputies shut down traffic lanes at the road crossing, as well as along nearby Buena Vista Avenue and Cottonwood Avenue, sheriff’s Lt. Amber Baggs said.Officials evacuated a single home close to the broken line as utility personnel worked to get the leak under control, a process that took about an hour, SDG&E spokesman Joe Britton said.No injuries were reported.To prevent such mishaps, SDG&E officials urge anyone planning excavation work in the county to first notify the utility company, which sends personnel to mark the location of underground gas lines, Britton noted. Those wishing to take advantage of the free service are asked to call 811. Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
Now that Landmark Communications is said to be in exclusive talks with a consortium made up of NBC Universal and private equity firms the Blackstone Group and Bain Capital about the acquisition of the Weather Channel, attention in the media world is beginning to shift toward the potential sale of Landmark’s Dominion Enterprises, the company’s publishing division.Formerly known as Trader Publishing, Dominion Enterprises was established in September 2006 following a division of assets between shared owners Landmark and Cox Communications. The company owns and operates more than 500 Web sites and magazines, including boating industry titles Soundings, Soundings Trade Only and PassageMaker.In January, Norfolk, Virginia-based Landmark retained investment banks J.P. Morgan and Lehman Brothers to assist in exploring strategic options for the company, indicating that a sale of all of its individual businesses, including Dominion, was possible. Landmark already has started distributing information to potential buyers interested Dominion Enterprises, according to a Financial Times news report . Last year, Dominion’s revenues were nearly $1 billion. The company could fetch about $1.4 billion on the market. A Landmark spokesperson did not return a request for comment.“If Dominion can sell everything in one transaction, that would be best so they are not left with small individual titles. They cover quite a few market sectors,” Berkery Noyes managing director Chris Shannon wrote in an e-mail to FOLIO:. “It is hard to tell what price they will command but as we’ve seen in recent transactions (even the Weather Channel potential sale), buyers need to be realistic in their expectations. Super-high multiples in traditional media are not as common as they used to be.”Earlier this year, analysts said a sale of the Weather Channel could top $5 billion. More recent reports put the sale closer to $3.5 billion.
Infosys won’t be affected even if more top executives exit: NR Narayana Murthy2.8K views00:00 / 00:00- 00:00:0000:00Infosys won’t be affected even if more top executives exit: NR Narayana Murthy2.8K viewsBusinessBangalore, June 15 (ANI): NR Narayana Murthy while addressing last AGM as the Infosys chairman, said that Infosys has enough senior managers to run the business even if more executives leave, after a spate of staff exits triggered concerns about a leadership vacuum. Murthy played down the departure of at least 11 senior executives since he was brought back from retirement in June last year to help regain market share, saying some of them were low performers. Infosys shareholders are betting on Vishal Sikka, who will take over on August 1 from current CEO SD Shibulal, to turnaround the company by tapping opportunities in new technology areas including cloud computing and mobility.Ventuno Web Player 4.50Bangalore, June 15 (ANI): NR Narayana Murthy while addressing last AGM as the Infosys chairman, said that Infosys has enough senior managers to run the business even if more executives leave, after a spate of staff exits triggered concerns about a leadership vacuum. Murthy played down the departure of at least 11 senior executives since he was brought back from retirement in June last year to help regain market share, saying some of them were low performers. Infosys shareholders are betting on Vishal Sikka, who will take over on August 1 from current CEO SD Shibulal, to turnaround the company by tapping opportunities in new technology areas including cloud computing and mobility.