Last night, The Werks brought their tour out to the Zydeco in Birmingham, AL, playing with support from BIG Something for a jammed out performance. Both groups are truly on the rise, and their fusion made for quite the Southern throwdown.Perhaps one of the highlights from the show was a bust out of the Chumbawumba song “Tubthumpin” by The Werks, with BIG Something’s own Nick MacDaniels in the mix. Check out video of the cover, as captured by Live and Listen, below:The Werks wrap up this winter run this weekend, playing in Atlanta tonight and Nashville tomorrow. You can check out the full tour schedule here, and be sure to look into The Werks’ annual music festival, The Werk Out Music And Arts Festival. With bands like STS9, Lettuce, Dopapod, Twiddle and more, it’s one festival you’ll be sorry you missed! More information here.
Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Champions League DrawsQuarter finalAjax vs JuventusLiverpool vs PortoTottenham vs Manchester CityBarcelona vs Manchester UnitedSemi-finalTottenham/City vs Ajax/JuventusUnited/ Barcelona vs Liverpool/Porto Although Barcelona were initially drawn to be at home in the first leg, the tie will take place at Old Trafford to accommodate neighbours Man City.UEFA said ahead of the draw: “Manchester City and Manchester United will not be able to play at home on the same night, nor on consecutive nights, following a decision made by the relevant local authorities.“Therefore, should both clubs be drawn at home in the same week, the team having finished lower in the domestic league the previous season – in this case, Manchester United – will be reversed in accordance with the UEFA Club Competitions Committee principles.”The first legs of the quarter-final ties will take place on April 9 and 10, with the second legs coming a week later on April 16 and 17.Spurs will travel to the Etihad Stadium in the Premier League on April 20, meaning the two sides will play three times in the space of 10 or 11 days.Liverpool’s quarter-final against Porto will be a repeat of last year’s last-16 tie which Jurgen Klopp’s side won 5-0 on aggregate.Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp told the club’s official website: “What can I say? It’s Porto and we’ve played there already and we know how good we had to be last year.“The result, in the end, was a strange one; it was very good for us, of course, but it was a strange one. In the second leg, we saw the character of Porto and the quality they have.“I could not be further away from thinking it’s the best draw because it isn’t – it is just the draw, it’s the opponent we have to prepare for and that’s all we will be thinking about from when we start preparing for the game.”Speaking about Manchester United’s tie with Barcelona, former Old Trafford boss David Moyes told Sky Sports News: “It’s an incredibly tough draw but a great draw. After beating Paris Saint-Germain you can take anybody on. A great occasion, the sort of games that Manchester United are used to and it will be a great night.”The draw was also made for the semi-finals, where United would meet Liverpool, should both progress to the last four. Tottenham or Manchester City will face the winner of the quarter-final between Ajax and Juventus. Tottenham have been drawn against Manchester City in an all-English Champions League quarter-final tie, while Manchester United will face Barcelona.In the other two ties, last season’s finalists Liverpool were drawn against Porto, while Real Madrid’s conquerors Ajax will face Juventus in a rematch of the 1973 and 1996 finals.The draw means a return to Nou Camp for United caretaker boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who scored a stoppage-time winner in United’s Champions League final win over Bayern Munich in 1999.
MASON CITY — The Cerro Gordo County Board of Supervisors this morning held their first regularly-scheduled meeting with the requirement that all individuals entering any county-owned or leased facility must wear a cloth or surgical mask to protect others from the potential spread of COVID-19. The supervisors passed a resolution with the face mask mandate during a special meeting at the end of last week.County health director Brian Hanft says it just makes sense, especially with the county’s COVID-19 case numbers jumping in the last month. “We support that and I think it makes sense. We’ve been wearing masks for a couple of months now in our space while working, and again, it just makes sense.”Hanft says it’s all about protecting others while you are around them. “Especially if you’re within the six-feet space. A cloth mask is a simple way that people can take those precautions. An N-95 mask would be the best, but the availability of masks and such is key, they’re just not readily out there for most people. Cloth masks are definitely the next step and a logical move for at least our public office spaces.”Hanft says they’ve had a few calls wondering if it was a mandate that masks had to be worn in any public place in the county. He says the resolution only covers county owned and leased spaces. “We have some limitations on applying mask utilization in public spaces. We got calls in some instances about that, and impacts on businesses, and so we’ve had to clarify the action that was taken strictly just addressed county owned and leased buildings.”Under the resolution, if an individual will not wear a mask, they will need to leave the county facility immediately. Residents are encouraged to conduct county business by phone, email or online if possible. Individuals at the Courthouse may drop off payments or documents at the outside Treasurer drop slot on the south side of the Courthouse to be delivered to the appropriate office.
Advertisement 986gNBA Finals | Brooklyn VsayvgWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E10( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 1pvWould you ever consider trying this?😱8gwiCan your students do this? 🌚udzRoller skating! Powered by Firework Sourav Ganguly is finally set to take over as the new BCCI president after three years of Committee of Administrators (CoA) rule. Last week, Ganguly was unanimously elected for the post along with Jay Shah as the secretary. Meanwhile, Mahim Verma of Uttarakhand has been selected as the new vice-president and Kerala’s Jayesh George, the new joint secretary.Advertisement Advertisement After much turmoil in the Indian cricket scene, the Committee of Administrators (CoA) stepped in to clean house following the rumours about corruption within the board. Ganguly himself admitted that the last three years have been more like an ‘emergency situation’, where the cricketers and the state associations had very little role to play. The 47-year-old had previously served as the president of Cricket Association of Bengal, and his primary objective will be to put the first-class cricketing structure in place and ensuring that India regains its dominating stature in the corridors of International Cricket Council (ICC).But ‘Dada’ will face a huge challenge in picking a new selection committee along with the Cricket Advisory Committee.“Conflict is an issue whether you will actually get the best cricketers in the system. You are not too sure as they will have other options and if they come into this system and not get to do something which is their livelihood, then it gets difficult to be part of the system. It needs to be looked into,” Ganguly said.The 39th president of the BCCI will also have to deal with another crucial issue, MS Dhoni! The veteran keeper is on a sabbatical since the world cup and with no clarity on his future, Ganguly is likely to meet the outgoing national selection panel on Thursday to discuss his future.The ‘Prince of Calcutta’ has just 10 months in hand, before he goes into the mandatory cooling off period. Therefore, Ganguly has a lot to prove which is no less challenging than scoring a ton at Lord’s.Good luck, Dada! Advertisement